Friday, August 19, 2011

You,ve Got Talent


Everyone has certain talents. One of the great pleasures in life is finding and developing a talent. As I grow older I see more and more that the people that are living and working within their talents are the happiest and most productive. As Malcolm S. Forbes expressed it, “The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy. When what we are is what we want to be, that's happiness.”

Being who you are is the most valuable asset that you can develop. Many people ignore this and it is very seldom emphasized in the education system. Many people go thru life unhappy in what is, for them, a dead end job, dreaming daily about the things they want to be doing instead. Meanwhile some of the richest men, like Warren Buffet, say they have never worked a day in their lives, because they would be doing what they do even if it did not make money. Often you will see that successful people did as a hobby in their youth what they do now as a profession .
Does that mean that you should quit your job to pursue your passion for drawing unicorns,  birds and butterflies? I don’t think so! Maybe if your young and have no other obligations, but you can use that ability to enhance the quality of your life, as a hobby. It may become something more as you develop the contacts in the art community and begin to show your work. It may evolve into some thing you never expected.
The important thing is, to find and develop your talents. The reason that I created this blog is that I felt the need to pursue the art of public speaking. I felt that if I start putting my thoughts down on “paper” it would clarify my thinking and give me more material for my speeches. It has. But it is also helping me connect with other people with the same talents as me and those that think about the same types of things.
I also hope that it inspires others to think deeply and create dialog on this site. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment