Who am I? This question is one question that we should ask ourselves every once in a while. Then really think about the answer. Not just the simple answer, “I am Captain Lawrence, The orator”, but the answer that brings depth and fullness to our being. “I am the son of Walt and Lee, with a brother and three sisters, a loving family. That brings depth to where I come from but what else am I: husband, father of a daughter and three sons, traveler, artist, armchair philosopher and so much more. “But why does it matter?“, you ask. It matters because “I yam what I yam and that’s all what I Yam” to quote another sailor, Popeye.
Understanding who we are can bring balance to our life. We often find ourselves trying to be something or someone that others want us to be. This will always end in disappointment and despair. You are what you are, that’s it! Francis de Sales has said, “Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly.” The idea is that you are the person that God and momma made you to be (papa helped). But you are the one who has to perfect that person and create the most benefit from that “You”, for yourself, those around you and the world in general .
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss
I want to live my life to the fullest and the only way that that can be done is to be me , as perfect as can be. The challenge is to first under stand who I am then develop those talents that I have been blessed with. I will never be what you want me to be, till you want me to be me. You will never be anything but who you are so I must love you for who you are. You will never be what I want you to be till I want you to be who you are!
Love yourself for what and who you are, then love others for what and who they are, and how they are different from you.
I love me ,my pye pye !
ReplyDelete