I'm sure that you've seen the text OMG. Almost never a day goes by when you won't see it on Facebook and every where else.
J2LUK
I'm not talking about the meaning of the initials.
Their are those that like to say it means Oh My Gosh! And I truly respect their desire not to use Gods name in vain
What I'm talking about is, what does it mean when we say Oh My God!
JustToLetYouKnow
PTL
"OMG, I can't believe I did that! 2S2L" could that mean " Oh my God, thanks for showing me how to not be so stupid next time"?
"OMG, look at those GetToes, she is soooooooo pimped dude!"
Maybe "Oh my God, thank you for such exciting and beautiful toe nails."
You get the picture.
PraiseTheLord
IDU
The real question is not just what are we talking about but,"Why are they claiming God all to them selves?"
Do they believe that everyone has a personal god that looks over them and helps them grow obscenely long toenails?
Usually they are talking to someone when the text these things, at least they think they are.
Why do they exclude their BFF from a relationship with their "Power that Be"?
IDon'tUnderstand
SUBC
We should stop using the OMG and start using OOG.
Oh Our God, is so much more inclusive and I'm sure more PC then that other one.
If their is a single god, as I believe, he is everybody's god.
We should not exclude anyone.
Change the way you text now!
StandUpBeCounted
Maybe we should petition the ACLU!
No comments:
Post a Comment