When I was young I dreamed of traveling the world and visiting every country. Not just the touristy parts, but spending time with and getting to know the inhabitants. I have a long way to go still, but in the times I have spent in the countries I visited I learned that we are all the same. Sure we have different views, different manners, and ideas that seem far afield of others, but the core hopes dreams and aspirations are the same.
If you study the "holy" books of every major religion they contain the same core beliefs. Every religion wants us to develop an inner peace, live a pure life, love others, and share what we have with those in need ( or even those not in need). That and more. Because of our cultures we are given the truth in a way that will resonate with our thinking.
-My thoughts on that will be in another blog.-
The point is expressed very well by H. G. Wells, "Our true nationality is mankind.” Because this is true we may need to change our thinking about how we will act toward the other nations and people's of the world. Mankind needs to grow up and stop acting like a child, grabbing the things "I" want from everyone and throwing tantrums when some claims it as their own!
We are all part of the family of man and we need to start acting that way. When we look, not at the differences but, at the things we all have in common, the things we all aspire to do, then we can start to develop a vision of harmony on "Spaceship Earth".
No comments:
Post a Comment